Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday 13

13 totally random things for this Thursday!

1. Happy Birthday to my sister. Last year on this day she got engaged, wonder if my future brother in law even attempted to top that.

2. Speaking of engaged, my youngest sister got engaged on Sunday. Her now fiance went all out. Had a car pick her up at their apartment, took her to the airport, where she flew to St. Louis. He had another car waiting to take her to the Botanical Gardens where there was a map waiting for her. She followed it around to a gazebo where he was waiting in a tux, with a pro photog and got down on 1 knee and proposed. And her ring is GORGEOUS!! When she texted me to tell me about it, she said "Since I know you will ask, yes I cried. I cried like a baby." She never cries at anything and I cry at commercials.

3. I'm trying my best at the moment not to have a heart attack. If I do, it will be brought on by Mizzou's basketball game. UGH!

4. I wonder how the person who discovered peanut butter gets gum out of hair discovered that? Why am I wondering that, because it was a great discovery that was used in my house tonight. Audrey got gum in her hair when Dart tackled her playing football in the house. I love my kids!

5. I have so many crafty things I want to make, I'm hoping this weekend I can knock several of them off my list. Of course losing an hour Sunday might not help.

6. I really wish when the dryer ate socks, it would eat a complete pair, instead of a sock of 2 different pairs.

7. I started reading "The Gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown the other night. OMG! Seriously love this book. I checked it out from the library and it would be one I would buy. So many good things in it.

8. Speaking of books, I have also been listening to "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert while I work. I loved the movie and listening to her read the book is amazing. Thinking I need to get some more books to listen to while I work. My husband is baffled by my ability to listen to a book while I work. He doesn't understand how I can actually remember things.

9. I'm ready for the temps to get warm. I'm done with the rain, cloudy, coldy stuff. I'm normally a girl that doesn't really mind winter, but this winter has taken it's toll on me. Too much snow and cold.

10. I can spend hours browsing on Etsy. Tonight I started searching for robots for my mom to get an idea of something to do for my brothers robotics team and I ended up browsing a shop full of all sorts of cupcakes and that led me to search for cupcake wrappers. I want to make cupcake wrappers to go with my toppers and banners.

11. Pintrest is another site that sucks me in. So much inspiration and ideas in one spot. Can't wait to get my invite so I can start pinning!

12. This week my family has gone through 2 gallons of milk, 2 bunches of bananas, 2 bunches of grapes, and 4 containers of cottage cheese. I think my kids are growing. I'm afraid if my son does, he will soon be taller than me. He only needs 6 inches to be taller than me. Granted I'm only 5'2" on a good day, but he's only 9. Of course having great uncles on both sides of the family that are well over 6 feet, some pushing closer to 7 feet, I think he's going to be tall.

13. Only a few weeks until the greatest day of the year...Opening Day! I cannot wait for baseball season to start.

Pictures of a custom order banner I made a couple of weeks ago. She actually ordered 2. I can't wait to see what she does with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...