Wow, last week really got away from me with so much going on, mostly baseball stuff.
1. My brother could use lots of prayers and good thoughts. He is an amazing runner and is unable to run at this time due to some passing out issues. Well the passing out issues aren't really what's keeping him from running, it's his heart. His heart itself is really healthy, but he only has 1 coronary artery. Because of this his one is enlarged and cutting off blood vessels around it, which is what causes athletes to drop dead with no apparent reason. He is going to have an MRI on Monday and then the surgeon and doctors will meet to discuss what they can do. Hopefully they will be able to do surgery, if not his running career is over. I don't even want to think about that. As much as I hate running, he loves it. All this was discovered because he was passing out while running. That was due to lack of salt and fluids, easy fixes.
2. Dart could use some good thoughts and prayers on Wednesday. He will be having his tonsils out. He has never had major issues with sore throat or anything like that, however his tonsils are HUGE!! Like almost touching huge. He has some crazy issues with snoring and deep sleep, but not good deep sleep. His tonsils have also caused some issues with acid reflux. I'm sure all will be well with him, but the thoughts are appreciated.
3. We are done with baseball. Well kind of, October 30th is tryouts for the spring team, but other than that we are done until at least January. Yes, January, we will begin practicing nice and early. We should have a pretty good team from here on out. The boys showed massive improvements from the beginning of the season. We finished off the season with a parents vs players game. We had a BLAST!
4. Mizzou is 5-0 after a 26-0 win over Colorado. Good Bye Buffaloes, enjoy the Pac 10!
5. Wednesday we were given tickets to go watch MU/Nebraska play volleyball. We had a great time. Audrey was even on the news, although I missed it. Boo! Tonight on the news they showed a clip from a video done by a group of students at MU for the volleyball team. You can see it here
6. Working on lots of projects at once. A friend asked me to make some Thanksgiving goodies for her MOPS group Silent Auction. My best friend is hosting an open house at her house in a couple of weeks for women who have their own business. There will be a couple of jewelry people there, a Tastefully Simple demonstrator, a bath and body type person and me. Very excited about this adventure.
7. Working on cutting pop out of my daily life. Did really good this last week, stuck with 1 maybe 2 a day, much better than the amount I was drinking. Hoping to keep it up, although this week will be interesting with spending Wednesday at the hospital. Going to try my best.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Will be back tomorrow with my Make it Monday list. Lots on the list for this week and the next several weeks.