1. For some reason right now I am finding myself very inspired by music. I have always loved music and find it inspiring in many ways, but for some reason right now more than ever music is inspiring me. 3 of my favorite songs right now are "The House that Built Me" by Miranda Lambert,
"Love Like Crazy" by Lee Bice, and "The Things We've Handed Down" by Marc Cohn.
2. Daisies!! I love daisies and seeing them around just makes me smile. I always think of the Meg Ryan line in You've Got Mail, "They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" I really do think they are a friendly flower.
Found on Flickr by pieceoflace.
3. Colors! Not a specific color right now, but just color. It was a long winter here and then we had a very brief period of what felt like spring and then it went gray and gross here again for a long time. I am hoping we are through all the gray and gross for a while. The trees and grass are so green and those that have flowers(not me because I could kill a cactus) they are so bright and colorful.
4. Pictures. I spent the other evening backing up my pictures for the Spring Season. I sort mine based on season. I back up weekly to my external hard drive, but then at the end of every season I also burn them to a dvd. I know dvd's won't last forever, but for now it's what is working. I am working on getting them all uploaded to flickr and winkflash as well. Back to the original point, I love looking through my pictures. I know this is what drew my to scrapbooking and why I can often be found with my camera attached to me. There is just something about the fact that a picture can in an instant take you to another place and time and tell an amazing story.
5.Audrey, yes my daughter who will be 5 later this month inspires me. She still has that innocence to her and that attitude of "I don't care what you think, I like it and that's all that matters." I wish I had a bit more of that. She is such the "All-American Girl" too. She loves all things girly, music, dance and arts. She spends hours coloring and listening to her MP3 player.
6. Movies, especially movies like UP. I love Up and can watch it over and over. The color of the balloons and the story of it all just make my heart melt.
7. Summer. The sounds, colors, smells and the laziness of summer make me want to create and take pictures. I love the smell of sun screen and chlorine. The sounds of kids laughing late in the evening because they don't have to get up early in the morning. However, I am a nut for routine so this year I'm going to try my best to embrace the laziness a little more and let go of my need for routine.