I often feel like the week between Christmas and New Year's is a strange week. We are still in Christmas mode, but also starting to really anticipate the clean slate that a new calendar brings. We want to hold on to the Christmas spirit, but are also starting to really look internally at ourselves and think about how we can grow and change. I have finished my 34 before 35 list and have decided that even though I still have a few days before my birthday(New Year's Baby here) I am starting now on a few things. There is nothing that says you can't start your New Year's resolution before the ball drops so I'm starting now. And if there is a rule that says that well too bad!!
Here is my list of 34 Things I want to do before I turn 35!
1. Knit 3 scarves. My grandma taught me to knit and while I still am working on getting it all together I will make at least 3 scarves this year. Might do more, but that is my goal.
2. Learn calligraphy. I also want to do more with my handwriting this year. I was always the girl experimenting with my handwriting. Always doodling and changing.
3. Learn more about book binding. I would love to do some different binding with mini books and stuff.
4. Have 100 sales in my Etsy shop. I've got 2 so far!
5. Have 75 followers on my blog. Working on some fun things for the blog this year.
6. Maintain 50 items in my Etsy shop. I have so many things I want to make and hopefully it will be hard to have 50 items in my shop all the time because hopefully things will be selling!
7. Do more sewing. I want to make doll clothes, clothes for Audrey and lots of stuff to put in the shop.
8. Read Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera I have had it forever and need to read it.
9. Create digital cards. Think the cards you get at Christmas. Great for birth announcements, birthday invitations, Graduation open houses, wedding save the dates and more.
10. Declutter. I am tired of all the junk we have. I have started with my scrapbook stuff and actually look forward to creating because I don't get caught up in the stuff.
11. Be proud of me. I have always had a hard time when someone tells me I create beautiful things and I'm talented. Need to learn to accept it.
12. Do more reading of creative/business books. I have a massive list of them to read.
13. Learn to design elements in Photoshop Elements. I really want to learn to make digital elements for digital cards and stuff.
14. Drink 3 bottles of water daily. Mostly to drink less pop each day. I am a huge pop drinker and need to cut back.
15. Do more with photo editing. One thing is I want to go back and do some things with my older pics and also there is so much more fun stuff I can do with pictures.
16. Have 10 custom orders. I would love to have more, but I really want to make more custom items for people. Be it banners, cards or scrapbooks, bring it on.
17. Really learn the ins and outs of PSE. There is so many things I could do that I just haven't taken the time to learn yet.
18. Procrastinate less. I have been working hard on this. I am horrible at procrastinating and then doing everything at the last minute.
19. Learn more about letterpress. I love the look and would love to learn a faux way to do it. Of course I'd love to own the letterpress by Quickutz, but that won't be happening soon.
20. Menu Plan. I HATE going to the store constantly to get stuff for dinner. I also would love to see us eat a little better and know that will help us with that as well.
21. Read 2 classics. I have a list I want to read and while I'd love to read more, I'm being realistic and thinking 2 might be all I get to this year.
22. Add photo editing to the business. This one may not happen until later in the year, but I want to figure out how to do this at some point.
23. Clean up my external hard drive. It is a mess. So many things on there that are horrible pictures and on there multiple times. Makes me dread having to look for anything on it.
24. Stay better caught up on pictures, editing and uploading. Upload to Shutterfly, Flickr and other spots. Also be better about backing up.
25. Do more with movie maker. I would love to create slideshows, etc.
26. Cross Stitch 3 projects. I have so many I want to do and also a few projects I need to finish.
27. Read 1 fun book a month. I love to read, just have a hard time making time for it. Hopefully this will force me to read more.
28. Scrapbook 4 layouts a month. I can't remember the last time I actually made a layout and want to get back to it.
29. Bake more. I love to bake and although my kitchen is TINY!! I want to bake more.
30. Send more cards. I really want to do more with giving friends birthday cards and just send cards in general. Imagine how much happier we all would be if in the midst of bills and junk there was a card just to let you know someone is thinking about you.
31. Make Dart a Dakota book. He is still struggling a lot with losing his sister and I think a book of his own might help. Another reason to get my hard drive cleaned up.
32. Participate more at Flickr, Etsy groups and Etsyprenuer.
33. Do "A Week in the Life" project. I have always wanted to do this inspired by Ali Edwards, just never taken the time. I may not do it when she does, but I will complete it.
34. Do more to encourage Handmade Items!! I don't care if it's jewelry or cards or what, I just really want to do more to encourage buying handmade.
Since my birthday is also New Year's these are also my resolutions. If you are making New Year's Resolutions, what are they? Are you a typical "Get Organized, Lose Weight" resolution maker or do you get a little more in depth? I would love to hear what your resolutions are.
I realize I never finished the Days of Christmas and while I had something else planned, I think I know what I want to do to finish them. I will get them posted later today or tomorrow.