Update on my 34 before 35. Only 2 months to go and I know some of the things on my original list will NOT happen and I am okay with that. Some I've just lost interest in, some I don't have time to do and some I think if I'm really honest with myself I put on there because I thought it was something I should do. I think next years list will be done different.
4. Have 100 sales in my Etsy shop. I've got 2 so far! 40 so far. Not sure I will hit the 100 mark, but I'm going to work hard to get as close as possible.
6. Maintain 50 items in my Etsy shop. I have so many things I want to
make and hopefully it will be hard to have 50 items in my shop all the
time because hopefully things will be selling! Currently have 20, but have about 10 things I need to photograph to get up and also some that just need to be listed.
7. Do more sewing. I want to make doll clothes, clothes for Audrey and lots of stuff to put in the shop. Made lots of things this past month include 2 pillow case shirts for Audrey, 3 headbands for Audrey, 2 pillowcases for the kids, coasters and a few other things.
9. Create digital cards. Think the cards you get at Christmas. Great for
birth announcements, birthday invitations, Graduation open houses,
wedding save the dates and more. Working on a few designs right now.
10. Declutter. I am tired of all the junk we have. I have started with
my scrapbook stuff and actually look forward to creating because I don't
get caught up in the stuff. My room is so much cleaner than it has been in months. You can actually see the top of the dresser!!
11. Be proud of me. I have always had a hard time when someone tells me I
create beautiful things and I'm talented. Need to learn to accept it. I made some big strides in October. Still a struggle, but I'm doing better than I was at the beginning of the year.
18. Procrastinate less. I have been working hard on this. I am horrible
at procrastinating and then doing everything at the last minute. I decided to journal when I was procrastinating to see if I could figure out why it is such a big issue with me. I think the biggest reason I came up with was fear. Fear of putting myself out there. This was a big eye opener for me.
27. Read 1 fun book a month. I love to read, just have a hard time
making time for it. Hopefully this will force me to read more. I'm pretty sure I've read 12 this year already. I am currently forcing myself to go to bed a little earlier and read at least every week night. I try to read on the weekends before bed too, but it doesn't always happen. I look forward to that little bit of quiet time before going to sleep.
34. Do more to encourage Handmade Items!! I don't care if it's jewelry
or cards or what, I just really want to do more to encourage buying
handmade. I'm probably going to drive people crazy with this one the closer to the Holidays we get. I challenge you to try and buy or even make more for the Holidays this year than you have in the past. Most of the adults in my family will be getting nothing but handmade stuff for Christmas. The few that might not be will be pictures of the kids and I'm pretty sure I will do something with them to add that handmade spin to it, whether it be doing something to a frame I pick up at a thrift store or making a little scrapbook with them.
I'm participating in a Shopapalooza this weekend and I can't wait. I was killing myself trying to get a ton of things made, when I realized I should take orders of things instead. I don't know how many Christmas cards people are going to want in a set, so instead of killing myself to try and have that many pre-made I am taking orders. I'm hoping next week at this time I'm up to my eyes in orders. If you could cross your fingers that this weekend goes well I would appreciate it. I'm really nervous and excited. The last craft fair type thing I did was HORRIBLE!!!! It was at a grocery store, which would have been great, but they put us upstairs, hello who is going to go upstairs!?! And the spot I got placed was just as bad. Not really in the flow of the room. This one is free, we just have to donate a door prize. I'm hoping to put together a little "gratitude" basket: a Thanksgiving banner, a little gratitude book that they could fill out on Thanksgiving with family and possibly a little minibook!
Off to work and watch Cars 2 with the family. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cars so I can't wait to see Cars 2.