Sunday, November 21, 2010

Soup on Sunday

Our weather is not suitable for soup today though. I want some of that winter weather other parts of the country are experiencing. Yes, I'm crazy, but I love winter and snow.

Today's soup is one I made a couple weeks ago and it was so good.

Tomato Corn Chowder
4 bacon strips, diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans(15 1/4oz each) whole kernel corn, undrained
2 cans(14 1/2oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced



In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1tbs drippings. In the drippings saute onion until tender.

Add the corn, tomatoes, and potatoes. Cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with bacon.

I was able to find family size cans of corn and bought 2 of those and used both so ours was a little thinner, would probably drain some off next time. I also added some shredded cheese and sour cream to my bowl the next day. Super easy, especially since you cook the potatoes right in with the rest of the stuff. One pot to make it all in is my kind of cleaning.

Serves 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...