I have a friend who is doing 30 things about her before she turns 30 on her blog. I'll have to find a link tomorrow for her blog. While some of us were helping her come up with ideas several of us decided we would play along. I'm going to do 33 things about me here on my blog and also make a mini book of my stuff. She is doing hers in the 30 days before she turns 30, however I can't promise that I will do mine in the next 33 days. We have a pretty busy weekend ahead of us so I unless I get my post written ahead of time I may not post this weekend. Plus, life is getting busy for us as we wind down the school year(gotta get moving on end of the year gifts for 4 teachers) and baseball is in full swing.
For today's 33 things I am going with 33 things about me that you may or may not know:
1. I am a HUGE sports fanatic. Baseball being my all time favorite sport, but I love football, basketball, hockey, tennis and others as well.
2. I have seen every episode of Friends I have no clue how many times and still watch them over and over(I think I might do a post of my 33 favorite episodes of Friends).
3. I have lived with depression for as long as I can remember. Finally getting some help for it and it's a long road and not always fun.
4. My dad died when I was 9. I get my love of baseball from him.
5. I had a daughter pass away at almost 10 months due to a little known brain disorder called Holoprosencephaly That is an experience that I wish I could prevent from ever happening to anyone else in this world.
6. I am trying to get 2 different businesses going. Meg Duffy Photography and Pink Owl Designs
Need to redo the blog/site for Meg Duffy Photography. I love taking pictures and have for as long as I can remember. Pink Owl is handmade goods, mostly paper stuff, but I'm working on expanding my sewing skills as well.
7. When I was younger I had no interest in learning to sew and now kick myself often for not learning a long time ago.
8. I have a serious problem when it comes to organizing. I LOVE doing it and it drives me crazy when things get out of control. No one else in my house shares my love for organizing.
9. I miss my girl scout days, mostly because I miss going to Camp Mitre Peak. I loved that place.
10. I cry at tv shows, movies, or commercials almost daily. I'm serious. I have seen The Rookie I don't know how many times and still bawl like a baby in the same spots every time. TV shows like Extreme Makeover Home Edition gets me every week, I've taken to watching it on the internet when no one is home to laugh at me. I'm a big softie.
11. I love music. All kinds of music. My Ipod has everything from New Kids on The Block to Frank Sinatra to Black Eyed Peas to Kenny Chesney. I cover most genres with the exception of hard core rap. I like to be able to understand and able to repeat what is being said in the song.
12. I'm trying to cut back on pop, however I have an addiction to Cherry Pepsi. Trying hard to drink more water everyday.
13. I want to run. My brother is an amazing runner and I wish I could run, not with him cause I'm pretty sure I would die.
14. I love movies. Love to watch movies over and over. Mostly chick flicks, but I also love musicals and a good action flick.
15. I am sick of rain. Okay so that one might seem a little strange to post, but seriously right now I feel like rain is a constant part of our lives and I'm sick of it.
16. I love to read. However I haven't been able to read near as much as I'd like to lately. Ready for summer to come so I can read more.
17. I have so many things I want to learn to do floating in my head that I often(several times a day) feel very overwhelmed. I have a hard time focusing. I may have another whole 33 post in the things I want to learn.
18. I am running out of things to say!!!
19. I am a list maker. I love having a list and usually have several. I love crossing things off my list as I complete them.
20. I love trying new products. I am usually one to try something new as soon as I find it. I have found some great products that way and a few that I often wonder why anyone thought it would be a good idea to make it.
21. I love Hot Tamales(the candy) and usually have a box or 2 stashed in the house.
22. I have loved stationary and pens since I was little so it was only natural that when I discovered scrapbooking and card making I would love them as well.
23. I can't imagine living without the internet. I love the things the internet offers from all the information at your finger tips to friendships I have formed with people in other states and countries and the ability to "talk" to them daily.
24. The address for our house when I was born was Route 66. I'm pretty sure that Radiator Springs(from the Disney movie Cars) was based on the town I lived in Seligman, AZ.
25. I lived in Midland, TX from Kindergarten through 7th grade. I lived there when Baby Jessica fell in the well and still remember where I was when she was finally freed from it. We were at a Girl Scout overnight and my mom brought the tv from our guest room so we could watch them pull her out as they were getting close when it was time to leave.
26. In 5th grade for one semester I had a teacher from Australia. I loved her.
27. I am not a breakfast eater. Trying to be better because I know it is so important, but I'm just not hungry in the morning.
28. I am not a girly girl. Give me a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, tennis shoes or flip flops and my hair in a pony tail any day over dressing up and fixing my hair.
29. I love Twitter. One of the greatest social media forms to come along.
30. This was a crazy weekend in Columbia, MO; graduation for the University of Missouri, the Big 12 Track and Field Championship meet(with John Anderson from ESPN in town to help announce), MU baseball at home against Nebraska and the usual weekend activities. I said tourist season ends for Columbia after this weekend. So glad to have the streets a little less congested. Just a little less.
31. I love being involved at my sons school. I will be serving as PTA Vice President next year. I am also on a few other committees and love every second of it.
32. While I'm constantly amazed at the advances in technology in my lifetime I often wonder how it feels to my grandparents. They have seen so many changes in their lives.
33. I am finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. I look at girls in their teens and all the drama that surrounds their lives and am so glad I am not there anymore.
Anyone else going to join me on this journey? I have a list going(surprise surprise) about the different posts I want to write. I'm thinking 33 favorite episodes of Friends, 33 things I want to learn, 33 things that have changed my life, What I would do with $33,000,000 and so many more. If you are going to join me in this little challenge please leave me a comment and a link to your blog so I can follow you in this journey.