Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Looking Back

I took yesterday off from blogging. Was feeling a bit grumpy all day yesterday and didn't want it to come across in a blog post. Don't know why I was feeling grumpy, just that I was. Although I am going to sing my own praises for a minute. It use to be when I was feeling grumpy I would head straight for Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper and as much chocolate as I could find. Yesterday instead I drank mostly water, I did have a Sunkist Cherry Limeade with dinner(they are amazing). Instead of chocolate all day(including a box of cadbury eggs in my drawer) I went for mostly fruit as a snack. I did treat myself to a small rice krispy square, but for me that is huge. I would have normally gone through that box of cadbury eggs with no problem.

For the last couple of weeks I've been really wishing in college I would have majored in graphic design. It was something back then I knew very little about, so it wasn't even something I had considered. Of course things have drastically changed in the last 16 years in the graphic arts field, but I would have grown with it. I am trying to teach myself as much as I can and while I'm loving that, it's very frustrating that it's not going as quickly as I'd like it to.

Yesterday the fire was fueled even more as I sat in(I guess you'd call it that) on a webinar put on by Wacom. I only have the Bamboo pen and touch and so most of what they talked about I am unable to do with my tablet. However I did figure out some things I could do with mine and it also gave me ideas for other things. I love using my tablet for editing pictures and also doing other things. Lately I've really been having fun with digital card designs. I am working on lots of designs for graduation announcements and thank you cards. With my brother graduating this year as well, it's kind of bittersweet to be creating these. I'm so excited for him, but at the same time I can't believe my little brother is graduating.

I am hoping that my wishing I could have done something different isn't what's been causing my mood to be grumpy. Although at least if it is I can do something more about it, knowing that might be the cause.

This is a sneak peek at a birthday card set that just went up in my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...