Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grandparents Day

80 dozen cookies consumed, 500 kids with grandparents visiting, some from 1,000+ miles away, songs sung, work shared, MEMORIES MADE!! Grandparents Day 2011 is in the books.

After school we headed to Baskin Robbins for ice cream and there were friends there as well. Including one of Audrey's "boy"friends. I thought my step dad was going to have a fit. There was lots of hugging and talking. Oh to be in Kindergarten again. My mom got pictures of it, but since they were dealing with massive storms she hasn't emailed them to me yet.

After ice cream the kids and I headed to the park for a bit. It was PERFECT outside. Kids had a blast. After that we ran a few errands including getting new baseball cleats for Dart. He is a size away from Men's shoes. God help me! Make him slow down. He is so ready for tomorrow. I honestly think he is more excited to play baseball than he ever has been for Christmas. It makes me so happy to see him this excited.

After being gone almost 11 hours today I was ready for bed as soon as I got home. Instead I finished editing baseball pictures and got them uploaded to our team website. Now to prepare for the onslaught of pictures I will take this weekend as we play in our first tourney!

Pictures of Grandparents Day and baseball to come this weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...