Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 7 of 25 Handmade Gifts to Give

So today's is a bit different. The finished project can be handmade, but my gift today is pictures. As I said before I LOVE pictures, my husband is a video kind of guy, but me it's all about pictures. I am a huge believer in a picture is worth a thousand words. Having lost 3 VERY important people in my life, I love having pictures of them to look back on.

So what can you do with a picture or pictures aside from the basic album/scrapbook:
1. Make a video. I love putting pictures to music and making slide shows. I don't have a fancy Mac(it's on my someday list), but I have found using Movie Maker in Windows works fine for me.
2. T-shirts, I think most grandparents would love to have a shirt with their sweet angels on it.
3. Home Decor-canvases, frames, wall hangings, etc. I have 2 pieces done on canvases and another canvas to use. I decorated the base of the canvas with pattern paper, embellished just like I would a scrapbook page and added the pictures. One even has a doll on it, dressed like an angel for our angel.
4. Quilt. A few years ago we made a quilt for my grandparents with everyone's picture on it. It hangs above their stairs for everyone to see. It was not as complicated as you might think either.
5. Calendars. So many make your own calendar kits out there and so many photo printing sites offer calendars as well. Great for grandparents. 

With the changes in technology printing pictures to add to different mediums is easier than ever.


I am sure this picture of Audrey will be appearing in some gifts I am making this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...