Saturday, May 29, 2010

....


I always feel like I'm coming here and saying "I promise to write more" and then a week goes by and nothing. Part of the struggle is my perfectionism that has me thinking I have to always write about passion or inspiration. Sometimes being type A is really annoying. I have been thinking about what I want this blog to be about a lot lately.

Lately I have been addicted to my camera and photoshop elements. Part of this comes from finally putting myself out there and preparing to start my photography business. I love taking pictures. Hate being in them, but I love being behind the camera. In taking more pictures lately I've realized that my favorites are the random, candid shots. I love capturing my kids just being themselves, doing what they are passionate about. In doing this I've realized that this blog can be about just that, life. I have another blog that I keep updated(or should say post to every other week) for my family. Mostly stuff about the kids. That blog though isn't about me and the things that make me, me. I think, wait make that know I need to have one for me that is about me. Of course my kiddos will still pop up because they are a huge part of my life, but this one will get to be my ramblings about anything and everything, but more about me and not all about them and what they are doing.

This is a long way to say, I am letting go of my perfectionism and just going to put out there whatever I want to talk about. Hopefully by doing this I will be writing more. Oh and the fact that school is almost out will help as well.


Found on Flickr

I am really looking forward to summer vacation. I know about 2 weeks into it I will be ready for school to start because I will be sick of the fighting so remind me of the previous comment when I am complaining about that. We don't have big plans for the summer and I'm actually looking forward to slowing down. This school year has been crazy hectic for us, as I'm sure they will continue to be, so I am looking forward to some serious down time. I want to spend lots of time taking pictures, creating stuff and hopefully just enjoy the kids. Soon they will be not wanting to spend time hanging out with mom so I need to enjoy this time right now.

Take some time this weekend while celebrating with friends and family to remember why we have this long weekend, those serving the USA to protect our freedom. While I don't personally know someone fighting for our country, that doesn't make me any less proud. I am amazed at what those men and women sacrifice and more importantly what their families sacrifice for them to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...