Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day!!!

The first day of school finally arrived!!! I'm not gonna lie, I was ready for the kids to go back. I love my kids to pieces, but the fighting the last couple of weeks was sending me over the edge. I will say part of me is kicking and screaming when I think about how fast time is flying. I can't believe Audrey is in 1st grade. When I woke her up this morning she said "Mom, don't be sad, I'm in a real grade now. You know 1st grade, it's not like Kindergarten, it's a REAL grade." Dart was up at 6:50, lunch made by 7:15 and ready to go by 8:00. He is very much my driven child. Not that Audrey isn't, but Dart is so driven by the challenge of school and by wanting to learn as much as he possibly can and push himself as much as he can. Audrey is such a free spirit, some days she loves learning and other days she just wants to be with her friends. I really thought she would be happy to hit the pillow tonight, but we had a huge struggle with that. When she gets to the point of exhaustion she really fights everything. I just don't know what to do. It's hard to punish her and make sure I'm not crushing who she is. Any tips?????

My sweeties outside school! Within seconds of taking this Dart was off to his class, so he could be one of the first ones in to get started. I walked Audrey to class and stayed with her for a few minutes and then she was ready for me to go as well!

While he might look annoyed with me for taking his picture, this is his 1st day of school face, so he says. I think the watch makes him look so much more grown up!

I have about 15 of this one in different poses. She would be in heaven if she could spend her day modeling! She was upset at first that today was PE. It totally ruined her first day of school outfit.

Friday after school we are heading to my moms for my sisters wedding shower. It will be strange to be there without my brother being there at all. Even times when he's worked a good portion of the weekend, he's still been around some. Wonder how many texts I will get from him saying "Where is such and such place?" or "This traffic is HORRIBLE!" "I hate all the stoplights." Traffic is not something that happens much in the town he grew up in. When the campus he is now living on has 3 times as many people as the town he grew up in and then you add all the normal residents traffic can be a bit crazy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm hoping to get some sneak peaks up of some things that will become Halloween items for the etsy shop before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...