SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!!! Kids are in the final stretch of school and lots of fun stuff going on this week. Can't wait for summer vacation. We have no major plans this summer other than lots of baseball, but still looking forward to it.
1. Can't get enough of Blake Shelton's Honey Bee. Seriously love this song and love him on "The Voice".
2. Starting to work on stuff for the 4th of July. Thinking banners and pinwheels. Love all the pinwheels I'm seeing. Can't wait to make some of my own.
3. Working on little baskets for the kids for the last day of school. Things like sidewalk chalk and bubbles for Audrey, baseballs for Dart, coupons for trips to the park, etc. Any other good ideas to include?
4. Excited for the Women's College World Series to start as the MU softball team made it for the 3rd year in a row. Dart is very excited as well, although if you ask him if he wants to try batting against a softball player he runs the other way fast. So glad to see that he doesn't think softball is for wimps. He says their pitches scare him.
5. Speaking of Mizzou, if you are not a Missouri native you may not have seen the awesome shirts Mizzou made to help benefit the Joplin, MO tornado relief effort. Check them out here. Can't wait to get mine.
6. Working on my summer goals. Excited to share them on Thursday most likely.
7. Feeling very inspired today and have a million ideas of things I want to do and of course time is very limited today. But I have all of it written down so hopefully later I will remember it all.
8. Making lists of things to do with the kids this summer and one thing they said they wanted to do was have movie marathons a couple of times. Trying to think of some good movies to do that with. Dart said Harry Potter, that might take a couple of days to get through. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules comes out on June 21st so I'm sure we'll have a Wimpy Kid marathon at some point. Also can't wait to go see Cars 2 in the theaters. I LOVE Cars!!
9. Working on my list of books to read this summer too. I love curling up outside in one of the chairs and reading the day away. Especially while the kids play in the sprinkler. Any books on your summer reading list?
10. Also working on a list of summer pictures to take. If you have any ideas let me know. I will be posting all these lists here at some point in the next couple of weeks.