8 Yummy foods I can't wait to eat.
First up some sweet stuff:
1. Sugar cookies. The kids and I are going to make sugar cookies this weekend. I have 3 different recipes to try since I'm still searching for that perfect sugar cookie. Do you have a tried and true sugar cookie recipe? Why is it so hard to find a GREAT one.
2. Fudge. My mom makes yummy fudge.
3. Candy cane cookies. Another yummy one the kids and I are making this weekend. One of my favorite cookies at Christmas.
4. Divinity. I'm hoping the weather will be good so I can have this at my mom's. I'm not even going to attempt to make this fical candy.
Now for the other foods.
5. Spinach Dip. Not something we have all the time. Usually Thanksgiving and Christmas. So good I usually end up filling up on it and have no room for anything else.
6. Mushroom balls. I have no clue what they are really called, but we always have them on Christmas Eve and I'm looking forward to chowing down on them.
7. Breakfast Casserole. Okay so this one we have on Christmas morning, but it's still counting because I look forward to this every year. We make it the night before so all we have to do Christmas morning is pop it in the oven while we open gifts. So good and this is the only time of year we have it.
Last but not least, and not a food:
8. Pomegranate Martini's. We always have these on Christmas Eve before Midnight Mass(Hey we are Catholic). So good and you don't taste the alcohol, which might be not so good. No wonder we are always the group singing the loudest and so happy at church. Honestly though we love the priest at my mom's church and would enjoy Midnight Mass even without these.
What are some foods you enjoy? Do you only have them this time of year?